Saturday, June 28, 1997
Tuesday, June 3, 1997
From The Terror Timeline by Paul Thompson and the Center for Cooperative Research
The Project for a New American Century (PNAC), a neoconservative think tank formed in the spring of 1997, issues it's statement of principles, PNAC's stated aims are:
- to "shape a new century favorable to American principles and interests."
- to achieve "a foreign policy that boldly and purposefully promotes American principles abroad."
- to "increase defense spending significantly"
- to "challenge "regimes hostile to U.S. interests and values"
- to "accept America's unique roll in preserving and extending an international order friendly to our security, our prosperity and our principles."
The Statement of Principles is significant because it is signed by a group who will become a roll call of today's Bush inner circle." (Guardian 2/28/03) ABC's Ted Koppel will later say PNAC's ideas have "been called a secret blueprint for U.S. global domination." (ABC News 3/5/03)