Follow Maniacs' Almanac by Email

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Amy Winehouse Died Yesterday, So Cry!


Amy Winehouse is dead.
It is so depressing
that i have nothing to say
Amy Winehouse was a great artist
and I will miss her candid and colorful contributions to life.


"I'm of the school of thought where if you can't sort something out for yourself
then no one can help you."



"I don't know whether that's because I'm a strong woman."




"I cheated myself, like I knew I would."


"I told you, I was trouble."


"You know that I'm no good."






"I really started writing music to challenge myself, to see what I could write."









"Since I was 16, I've felt a black cloud hangs over me.
Since then, I have taken pills for depression." 


"I don't ever want to do anything mediocre."











"Drinking long-term is a lot worse than doing heroin. Alcohol's a real poison."


"If I haven't been training or if there's something bothering me, I'm a terrible drunk."


"Then there are other days where I'm like,
'Listen, if you want to have a nice day, please get me some alcohol'."



"I'm a musician. I'm not someone who's trying to be diplomatic, you know, trying to get my 15 minutes. I'm just a musician who is honest."



"I know I'm talented, but I wasn't put here to sing.
I was put here to be a wife and a mum and look after my family."


 "I love what I do, but it's not where it begins and ends."


"If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. "


AMY JADE WINEHOUSE
14 September 1983 – 23 July 2011



"We only said goodbye with words.
I died a hundred times.
You go back to her,
and I go back to black."